May 30, 2008

Rally, part 1

It was great! There were so many people. I was actually surprised at just how many. There is an article in the Salt Lake Tribune by Matt LaPlante covering the rally. In it he states that only 500 people were there but I just can't believe such a low number can be right. It seemed to me that at least 1500, if not 2000 people were there. And most of the comments on the article agree with me.
I was impressed by the great variety in the crowd. Everything from young kids with "Obama for my mama" shirts to grandparents. I even saw an elderly couple. He was wearing his oxygen and pushing his wife's wheelchair. Now that's dedication. Everything from punks to hippies to veterans. It is sad that anger is what is bringing all these different people together but at least we are together.
Maybe someday we can put our differences aside without the prompting of anger. But until then, I guess Bush may be good for something.