June 24, 2008

337, part 5

Finally, feeling better and able to be out and about. Went to the gallery stroll this weekend in conjunction with the "Fashion Stroll". The fashion stroll is a quarterly event that happens on 300 south from 200 east to 400 east. From what I've read there is suppose to be a fashion show of local designers but the last couple of times I've gone, I have not seen anything like that. It is nice to wander the funky stores that are right in that area. From the hardcore shop to the antique toy shop to the coffee shop, I'm starting to think that this area may be the replacement of Sugarhouse. With the fashion stroll was a shuttle taking people down to the Salt Lake Art Center. Which I forget exists most of the time. The current exhibit is a look back at the 337 project now that the building is officially gone. All that is left are the thousands of pictures that must have been taken while it was open. All in all the strolls were a blast.
And to top it off my friends and I were able to crash a guy's birthday party that was being held at a local bar called The Hotel. I think the guy's name is Gil and he is a photographer. Gil has some very interesting friends. The people watching was prime at this party. Thanks and happy birthday to you, Gil.