October 29, 2008

Grave

I haven't put much though into what is going to happen to my body when I die. I figure cremation will be the way I go. And then a sprinkling somewhere nice. But the some of these people must have put a lot of thought into the process. Like the family plot above. What would it be like to know that there was a place ready for your death from the moment of your birth? I'm just learning how to live and to think that someone has already decided what to do with me when I die is just a little creepy.
Or would I prefer to be laid out along side all these strangers another marker in the ground. This seems like a better representation of life. A bunch of strangers all different in minor ways but all the same in the ways that matter. An individual in a sea of sameness. Or may be I'd want to be like the guy below, set apart, special. I think I'd rather just blow away on the wind.