August 16, 2008

Bikes

Well, I was just minding my own business going to the gallery stroll as usual and as I'm getting closer to 400 west I start to hear cheering and yelling. Being the curious person that I am, I had to check it out and ends up it's a huge bike race.
I'm not exactly the sportiest of persons and had not heard a thing about this. I guess, this is just the fourth year for this race, the Tour of Utah, and this year was the largest. It's a 5 day race with each day set at a different location around the valley.
Myself not even knowing how to ride a bike, am always impressed by how fast one can go. These guys just whip by. The picture above makes it look like they aren't going fast at all but that was taken using the super fast shutter speed. The picture below was really what it looked like when they came by. Whoosh. And the crowd was cheering them on the whole way. Never would I have guessed how popular a bike race, that is not the Tour de France, could be.